For first-time home buyers and for those returning to the real estate market, there is one golden rule to follow – and that is to “prepare before you purchase,” according to the Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association (GVHBA).new mortgage stress test is implemented.The sessions scheduled are:On March 1, 2017, the association is holding its 23rd annual Homebuyer Forum, presented by BC Housing, to help local buyers do just that.Bob de Wit, CEO of the GVHBA, said, “The demand for real estate continues to outpace supply, adding pressure on the buyers across Metro Vancouver... When it comes to getting into the market, gathering market intelligence will help empower people to buy smart.”This market intelligence will come in the form of expert industry seminars and panel discussions during the free evening event at SFU Harbour Centre, which is being held on the day that the
- 5.00-5:45pm: Getting Ready to Buy – Expert panel featuring review of the BC HOME loan, CMHC stress test, new home warranty products
- 6.00-6:45pm: Market Intelligence – Where to buy, how to buy, condo rules and realities of raising a family without a picket fence
- 7.00-7:45pm: What Product is Right for Me? – Highrise, lowrise, wooden structures, concrete, locations, amenities and more are reviewed.
- Shayne Ramsay, CEO, BC Housing;
- Wendy Acheson, VP & Registrar, BC Housing;
- Robyn Adamache, Senior Market Analyst, Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation;
- Tony Gioventu, Executive Director, Condominium Home Owners’ Association of BC; and
- Dan Morrison, President, Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
© Copyright 2017